Chattooga River Rafting
When you ride the rapids with Southeastern you get the most bang for your buck. Whether you take your family or your friends, there’s no better way to make a vacation – even if it’s a one day getaway. And when you come back you’ll feel great that you tested your mettle with action that’s truly different, fun and exciting.
Section III White Water Rafting
The Chattooga River’s Section III rafting is the perfect experience for beginning white water rafters, groups and families. You’ll have plenty of fun and excitement down several of our named rapids on the Chattooga, and if you’re anything like us, the experience will make you hungry for more excitement on Section IV.
- The Chattooga is a free flowing river whose characteristics vary according to water level. Our minimum age for Section III is 8 years old; however, at higher water levels this trip is best suited for ages 10 and up. As water levels rise and fall, management will use their discretion on whether to allow children under the age of 10 to go on the trip, and/or run specific rapids.
- Guests must be able to walk in and out of access trails totaling ¼ mile or more in length, negotiate rocky terrain, and actively participate in paddling the raft.
- Any reservation not paid in full one week before the trip will be deleted.
|Trip Length:||6 hours|
|Class II-IV Rafting, beginner to intermediate|
|Starting at $99|
Starting at $105
Section IV White Water Rafting
Forget standing for an hour just to follow the herd onto a 50 second ride. You know what the masses don’t. You smile more riding Section IV.
- These are the most intense rapids east of the Mississippi. That means if you’re not near the Mississippi or the Colorado rivers, you’ll be hard pressed to find a better ride than what we offer you at Southeastern.
- The climax of the trip is towards the end as the rafts plunge down the notorious Five Falls and Soc-em-Dog. This trip is built for adventurers and thrill seekers.
- It’s a 7 hour trip and you’ll get to paddle it all.
- You just need to be 12 years old.
|Trip Length:||7 hours|
|Class III-V Rafting, intermediate to advanced|
Overnight Chattooga Rafting/Camping Experience
To get the most value for your vacation dollar while enjoying a complete Atlanta white water rafting experience, why not combine rafting with overnight camping? After a day of Chattooga rafting, sleep under the stars in the beautiful Sumter National Forest. You’ll have time for activities like hiking if you wish, and you’ll enjoy expertly prepared meals of steak or trout. You can bring your fishing pole and catch your own dinner!
|Trip Length:||2 days, 1 night|
|Class II-IV Rafting, beginner to advanced|
|Meals:||2 lunches, 1 dinner, 1 breakfast|
|Individual Weekend Rate:|
Call For Group Rates
|Overnight trips available:||Call for availability.|